I know it’s almost halfway September but I believe it’s not too late to post and share my August favorites! So here’s a round-up of the new things I’ve tried last month that became a favorite:
- Kuretake ZIG Scroll & Brush pen in Rose — Since I’m fond of doing lettering and calligraphy, it’s so unusual for me not to try brushpens… sooo when I had a chance to visit Scribe Essentials store in Eastwood one weekend last month, I bought my 1st brushpen and played with it at night whenever Skye’s asleep already. At first, I don’t know how to use it but after watching a couple of tutorials on Youtube, I sort of find my way of using it. I’m still in the ‘getting there’ stage but at least I’ve made progress! Obviously, since this is the 1st and only one I got, it became my newest favorite pen.
What I like about it: The color! Red is my favorite color and the one I got in Rose is just so pretty!
- Benefit’s Bigger than BB Big Easy in No. 03 Light/Medium — It’s a multi-balancing complexion perfector bb cream. Well, I finished my Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer tube from my Singapore haul last year and I gave this one a try since Tarte isn’t locally available (I know there are some online sellers on Instagram who sell Tarte products but I’m not that confident to buy from them). The saleslady who sales talked me about this product said it’s like a fusion between bb and cc cream since it has bb properties and balances complexion / color like a cc cream and controls oil too and that sort of convinced me into buying it (hahaha!). I obviously liked it because if I didn’t I might have stopped using it and ordered Tarte from online sellers already.
What I like about it: Like the Tarte one I used, I love that it has a liquid-to-powder formula and has semi-Matte finish. It’s smooth and easy to spread but not as silky as Tarte. Another thing I like about this is that at least it can somewhat control my oily T-zone and it’s available locally unlike Tarte.
What I don’t like about it: The price is kind of expensive (PhP 2000). Unlike Tarte, it’s not cruelty-free. If you’re into vegan and cruelty-free cosmetics, then go for Tarte.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa — I’ve been using these lip creams for a year now and my favorite / go-to shade is Zurich and Antwerp. I’m not really a fan of pink lipsticks but ever since I tried / tested Addis Ababa, I instantly liked it! Addis Ababa is bright fushia in color but since I’m pale it turns bright pink on me.
What I like about it: It’s affordable! It costs around PhP 390 if you’ll buy from NYX Stores & SM Department store and PhP 250 – PhP 300 (Shipping fee excluded) if you’ll buy from online sellers. It’s so easy to apply! Since this one isn’t entirely liquid, I find it easier to apply. It’s like a super pigmented lipgloss that dries matte. If you’re into matte lipsticks or wanted to get into the matte thing since matte is kind of in right now… you should consider trying this one out before splurging into higher-end ones. (Hmm, I think I’ll post a more detailed review & swatch blog post on this). Lastly, it’s cruelty-free!
- Human Heart Nature Purifying Facial Scrub — I’ve been feeling a little rough and dull lately so I thought of giving my face a little scrub to brighten it a little. Since I don’t use any facial wash consistently (I just wash my face with soap most of the time to be honest), I decided to buy this facial scrub one spontaneous night I went to this near-by grocery when I needed to buy some dog food. Hehehehe. This product gave my face the brightening boost it needed and it felt so clean and soft right after I used it.
What I like about it: I’ve been using Human Heart Nature’s shampoo, conditioner, and hair treatment and is pretty much satisfied with them and this is facial scrub is another addition to my growing Human Heart Nature favorites. It’s also affordable at PhP 99.75.
- Chelsea Kitchen‘s Yellow Carbonara (not in the photo) — This is definitely my new comfort food. It’s so creamy, I love it!
And, that’s about it! Sorry I wasn’t able to include the Yellow Carbonara photo.
How about you guys, how was your August and what are your August favorite things?